The business development associate will create and build client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain projects. This role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in formulating standard/routine proposals in conjunction with team members and various functional groups.
- Assist in developing a budget and price estimate using standard models.
- Assist other business development associates in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project with input from sponsors, project leaders, principal investigators and functional groups.
- Draft the narrative that ties the project components together and package and assist in presenting the proposal to the sponsoring agency.
- Communicate back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details, critical timeframes and expectations.
- Collaborate with the operations finance group to evaluate project performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of proposals.
- Track and report on the status of all proposal components.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in site visits.
- Support other business development team members in the compilation of ‘Out of Scopes.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or other related discipline or associate’s degree and related experience.
- At least one year of experience in industry business development and/or research and development arena. Must have experience supporting the development of at least six proposals to commercial and non-commercial sponsors or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
WE WILL GET YOU SOON.
Drop your CV!
Every great idea starts with a good conversation. Let’s work together and grow your business just like you envisioned.