The Magento Developer role is responsible for building e-commerce applications for Boxy Charm, maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries, developing custom PHP solutions, and actively assisting in improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized consumer and business-to-business Magento Community and Enterprise Systems
- Ability to utilize a vast array of open-source Magento plug-ins to satisfy business feature enhancements and requirements
- Edit Magento source code where necessary to adjust base products to better suit business needs and design requirements
- Work as part of a small team which requires a hands-on autonomous approach to development and design
- Develop highly scalable systems using a variety of tools and languages and multiple open-source technologies
- Define architectural improvements to our current tech stack and identify ongoing optimizations as it expands and becomes more complex
- A sound understanding of Magento (Community edition), the array of plug-ins available and application of software engineering best practices
- At least 3-5 years experience working in Magento development in either an eCommerce business or Agency
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort and have ground-up tech stack design+build experience
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Able to triage priorities and ship target deliverables on-time and on-spec
- Able to manage time and juggle competing priorities while working with the wider team to accomplish business objectives
- Hard-working and focused: you know what it means to get ‘in the zone’ and how to get there
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
WE WILL GET YOU SOON.
Drop your CV!
Every great idea starts with a good conversation. Let’s work together and grow your business just like you envisioned.